4 Beds • 3.5 Baths • 3,185 SF • .2576 Acres • $3,725,000 SOLD
2 Tamalpais Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Must see four bedroom, three and one-half bath home privately set with stunning views in a coveted, sunny lower Middle Ridge location, just across from steps to the village. Behind the traditional, Craftsman-style exterior is a recently updated interior characterized by an open floor plan, exquisite contemporary design and striking finishes. Almost every room seamlessly integrates with the outdoors, most enjoying the mesmerizing views of San Francisco, Sausalito and the Bay. Elegant living/great room is made for entertaining with an ample dining area opening to the grand terrace with incomparable views. The gourmet chef’s kitchen features custom Snaidero cabinetry, Florida Quartzite slab countertops and top of the line appliances. Spectacular, air-conditioned master suite with cathedral ceiling, private view deck, two large closets, sauna and a sumptuous master bath. The great room and kitchen open to the rear Ipe deck for outdoor dining and to the beautifully landscaped grounds, including a fenced yard/putting green, garden and spa. Wenge hardwood floors, a custom precast concrete wood-burning fireplace, and a two-car garage with additional off-street parking are among the additional fine qualities of this impressive home.
Features - General
- 3,185 square feet (per Floor Plan Visuals)
- 11,221 square foot lot (per tax records)
- Substantial remodeled in 2007 and recently upgraded
- 4 bedrooms
- 3.5 baths
- Detached two-car garage and additional off-street parking
Additional Custom Features
- Formal entry with custom mahogany beveled glass entry door
- Italian Margaritelli Wenge hardwood flooring
- Living/great room with open beam ceiling, wood-burning fireplace with custom precast concrete mantel, hearth and surround, and spacious formal dining area opening to the large deck with incomparable views
- Gourmet chef’s kitchen with Snaidero custom kitchen cabinets, Natural Florida Quartzite slab and custom precast concrete countertops, top appliances including Wolf double self-cleaning electric convection ovens and five-burner professional gas cooktop, Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, center island with breakfast seating and plenty of storage.
- Private, air-conditioned master suite with cathedral ceilings, two closets, including a large walk-in, a Thermal Life two person sauna, and a private deck.
- Master bath featuring double vanity with Santa Margherita Bianco Papiro quartz slab countertop, custom cabinets, Lacava free standing soaking tub, separate shower with stone tile surround, and Waterworks custom cut Italian porcelain herringbone pattern heated floor.
- Hydrothermal radiant heating throughout
- Lushly landscaped grounds include a large fenced yard, currently a three-hole putting green, garden area, a large Ipe deck area, immediately off the kitchen and great room, for outdoor dining, a Hot Spring salt water spa, and landscape lighting.